Thursday, October 23, 2008

Inspiration

For my Biblical interpretation class I'm writing a research paper on the inspiration of scripture. I've found it very challenging and refreshing to review facts about the Bible that I've known. One thing I did yesterday was to look up the words inspiration in websters dictionary. Here is what I found:

Inspiration, Noun
1. Arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity.

2. A product of your creative thinking and work; "he had little respect for the inspirations of other artists"; "after years of work his brainchild was a tangible reality".

3. A sudden intuition as part of solving a problem.

4. Arousing to a particular emotion or action.

5. The act of inhaling.

I found this a very interesting definition in light of the fact that 2 Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture is God-breathed..." (NIV). What an amazing fact that we have the very words of God.

I'll let you know more as I finish my research and the paper. :)

No comments: