Friday, October 17, 2008

Gift Suggestion

Just to say up front, this is not a paid advertisement! But since we are gathered in the parlor to chat about many things, I thought I would bring up a gift that is worth the money. Often while shopping I have stopped to drool over the digital picture frames, as I walked by the electronics section. Little did I know that my daughter was taking note, so she and her brothers bought me one for my birthday. It has been wonderful! You plug it into your computer (or plug in a memory card) and download pictures to the frame. Then you plug it into the wall, flip a switch and a slide show of all your pictures passes before your happy eyes (or you can adjust it to keep on one picture). There is also a video file so you can play video clips, a calendar with the picture slide show on the side and a music file. I have my picture frame on the kitchen counter, and no matter where my family members are I can see them and smile. It helps to ease the longing to be with each one of them and also reminds me of the Lord's kindness and faithfulness to our family.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I have always wanted one of those also! Maybe my kids will buy me one for Christmas!!!! :-)
Love you Peg

Tania said...

That is what my mother in law is getting for her birthday. Our job... lots of pictures and videos of the grandkids for her!! :) I am glad you are enjoying it, I know she will too!!