Thursday, March 20, 2008

Running the Race

I have been waking up a 6:00 a.m. every morning. Now you may ask, what are you, crazy?! The answer is yes. Mom and I have been getting up and either going to Club Northwest or to the Grants Pass high school track to run and work out. It has been good, but tough. The time is only one reason for this though. It's that I'm totally out of shape and really can't believe how little I can run before I'm exhausted.

Interestingly, I recently was encouraged by the verse chosen as my graduating class's verse. Isaiah 40:31:
"But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

When I am tired it is God who will help. When I am at my lowest it is God who gives me help and strength, physically and spiritually.

I love how Rebecca St. James says it in her song entitled All around Me

If I see my world come tumbling down
If I feel my heart touching the ground
You're all around me
If everything starts to fade away
And all I can do is call Your name
You're all around me

Now, with the Lord's strength, let's start running the race!

2 comments:

SWTrigal said...

hey guess what guys-pretty soon you will be doing Ironman!

The Goode Wife said...

He, he. Yeah, sure Aunt Debi! :) I'll run the first 1/4 of a mile and then you can take over.