Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fair Entries

This week I have been busy getting ready for the Josephine County Fair. I'm excited because this is the first year I have entered in three different categories.
First, I entered a baby blanket that I crocheted. It turned out really well and I'm happy with it!









For baked goods I entered some Molasses Cookies and some Baking Powder Biscuits. After a few mishaps (aka: not following recipe correctly) these also turned out well.

The last thing I entered was a photograph of my niece Felicity which I took when she was born. It turned out so well that ever since I've thought of entering it in the fair. Who knows if it will do well, but I'll have fun anyways. That's all from the Sumpter ranch!
-Molly

8 comments:

Ruth Owen said...

Awesome I like the blanket! You did a good job! I hope your photo does well I wanted to enter photos and art but I couldn't get them ready in time :o( But anywhoodles good luck! ~Ruth~

Peggy said...

Thanks Ruth! I can't wait to see how I did. :)
-Molly

Sarah said...

Wow! I can only knit and I only did a scarf! You have talent. Oh ya, I have a new post. (the little nudge helped :)

Ruth Owen said...

I was at the fair yesterday I totally forgot. But I might go again on Thursday. What day are you going? ~Ruth~

Peggy said...

Ruth: I'll be there Thursday. Our puppet team will be on the midway at 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Sarah: Good job! :)

Molly

Kate Sumpter said...

Wow - that baby blanket is wonderful! How much time did it take to complete the whole thing?

Padraig said...

It looked good when i was in on friday.

Peggy said...

Kate: it took me about three months.

Hey Paddy! Wow! I haven't seen you for a while. Thanks! I heard that you were there on Friday. Sorry we missed you. :)