Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Advantages of sickness

I'm at the tail end of being sick for a week. Now I will be the first to admit that it wasn't a pleasant experience, however, I had some fun being sick. Here is a list of advantages to being sick:



1.You get waited on. Of the last 7 days I spent 5 in bed and had food brought to me and medicine was at my disposal. Nothing was done without my comfort in mind and I was even called "your highness" at one point (even if it was said in a sarcastic way :D).

2.Entertainment is forced on you. When you get sick eventually you are asked "do you want a movie?" You don't want to appear rude, so of course you say politely "Yes, please." Movies, tapes, and books are brought to you from all corners and all at once you feel so much better.

3.You are treated with special kindness. As soon as you feel under the weather, people insist that you stay in bed. "Oh no, you just stay right there." You also are exempted from having to do dishes and other jobs. "She's sick, could you do them for her?"

Well, now that I'm pretty much over this sickness I can't use the excuse "I'm sick!" any more. I am glad to be well, but as an encouragement, remember the fun things about being sick when you are.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ," -Ephesians 1:3
-Molly

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Molly!

Anonymous said...

One more good thing about Molly being sick is that we started reading together a book about Susanna Wesley, mother of John & Charles Wesley. It was another way of giving her something to do while lying in bed and I enjoyed it too. Maybe we'll give a review of the book when we get finished.

Kate Sumpter said...

Molly, I'm so sorry that you've been sick. I hope that you are completely healed soon! Isn't it nice being waited on? It's an enjoyment, but I like waiting on others as much being waited on.
Mrs. S., I love reading aloud to one another. Susanna Wesley is a neat person to read about. I hope that you do a review of the book!