Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving for 2011

About a year ago I thought to myself, and probably to the Lord, that everything was so calm in the family - we needed more action. I was thinking we hadn't had a wedding in 3 years or a new grandchild in 2 1/2 years. Weddings and babies were on my mind.

Providentially, not too long after, we found out that a new grandson was on the way. Then low and behold a few months later, on Christmas day, a son became engaged. I was thrilled! I thought this is more like it!!

Ezekiel was born in early summer becoming a book end to his older brother, with the two princesses in between. What joy spending time with the grandchildren - a promise fulfilled to gray-haired ones.

A twist in the mix came with my surgery in late summer - that wasn't exactly my idea of putting some action in the family - but then I'm not the story teller so I can't complain. I'm truly thankful for the Lord's amazing care for me!

Over the summer and into the fall another son jumped the fast moving train to start a whirlwind courtship. It culminated into an engagement in September. Wow! Now that's what I call some excitement!

For the beginning of 2012 we have 2 weddings coming up within a month of each other. Winter family reunions will be enjoyed by all - hopefully the weather will cooperate! We're gaining two new lovely daughters and what a blessing they will be! If this is the start of the new year I'm expectantly looking forward to what else the Lord has in store. As the Author of all authors continues to write our family story, it will to be a page-turner, I'm sure. God has blessed us greatly this past year and I am very thankful.

No comments: