Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday milestones!

Last month my oldest son turned 30 and today my youngest is turning 18. These two sons have been a blessing to the family in many ways and I'm truly thankful for them!

It makes me think how much, as a mother, I have learned from all my children through the years. They have challenged me to see my own sins. I have been driven to seek the Lord. He is the merciful Savior, the One who forgives! Am I a mother who is merciful and forgives too? They have shown me what it is like to be a child of the King. Do I depend on Him for everything, as a child depends on his parents? Do I show I am a dependent mother, that I can do nothing without the wisdom and direction from the Lord? Their curiosity has driven me to find things out, to look it up, and dig into the truth of a matter. Am I diligent to keep studying God's world & His Word to know Him more deeply?

This is the constant journey we are all on. Become like a child. Be thankful that the Lord works through the little ones and the big ones to bring you to Himself in a deeper way.

Happy Birthday, Toby & Jeremy!

1 comment:

Kate Sumpter said...

Thanks is a great post full of reminders, Mom. Thanks so much for all you have done for your boys (mine is so amazing! I realy like him!). I can't wait to mother my own sons and ask you for advice!