Monday, December 1, 2008

Another Birthday!

My "baby" is sixteen years old today! He is 6 ft. 3 in. and wears size 15 shoe! As his oldest brother said one time, "there's never a dull moment with Jeremy around!" I remember God's protection over Jeremy when he was about 3 yrs old and fell into the swimming pool while trying to retrieve a toy, which he had thrown over the fence. He proceeded to climb the fence and leaned too far out and fell in. Of course I was in the kitchen and didn't see this and had no idea what had happened until there was a knock at the kitchen door. When I opened it there stood a sopping wet Jeremy, with a guilty look on his face. To this day I don't remember if I spanked him or hugged him (I scolded myself for not watching this mischievous boy), but I know I was thankful that he didn't drown. When Jeremy was born we knew he was specially marked by God as we observed three cowlicks (I call them swirls) on his head and two webbed toes. Just today he was practicing his speech and looking much older. That's my baby who has turned into a young man!
Happy Birthday Jeremy!

1 comment:

Tania said...

I can see how soft that baby hair was!!! I didn't know that happened with the swimming pool! How scary! Love you and hope he had a great day!
Tania